Ford Transit Wagon News & Blogs
When loading up your truck, you need to know the gross vehicle weight rating and the gross combined weight rating—this way you know how much you can safely carry and tow. Calculating these numbers isn’t hard, and all truck manufacturers in the United States require the numbers you need to… Continue Reading
Ford Transit 350 Diesel, a New Era for Commercial Ford Passenger Vans. You may have seen these vans on the road and wondered just what the deal is with these Euro-looking vehicles. These diesel power-stroke vans have proven themselves pro at hauling and getting reasonable fuel mileage on the highway.… Continue Reading
The 2018 Ford Transit Wagon is a major transformation of the full-size van business owners have been accustomed to driving. With a wide variety of configurations, the versatility of the 2018 Ford Transit Van brings new-found refinement and flexibility to passenger vans. The all-new 2018 Ford Transit is engineered to accommodate a broad range of personal- and commercial-use applications.. The Ford Transit Van comes standard with a 275-horsepower 3.7-liter V6 engine or for more power, a 310-horsepower turbocharged 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine is optional. All Transits come with a six-speed automatic transmission that sends the power to the rear wheels, whether they be single rear wheels or dual-rear wheels.
2018 Ford Transit Wagon Offers Versatility
The 2018 Ford Transit Van is available in three roof heights and configurations cover 8-, 10-, 12- and 15-passenger seating. Carrying people in comfort is the specialty of the Ford Transit Wagon, beginning with the regular-wheelbase Transit with low or medium roof that comes in a standard 8- or available 10-passenger model. For commuting applications like carpooling and airport transportation, the Transit Wagon long-wheelbase model, available in low, medium or high roof, provides standard 12- or available 15-passenger seating. For maximum seating there’s the long wheelbase dual-rear-wheel wagon with extended body and high roof that seats 15 and provides extra rear cargo space. Models with the high roof can accommodate someone standing 6-ft. 5-in and feature standard “aisle seating” that makes it easy to move back and forth between the rear seats when the vehicle is stationary.
Additional versatility is seen in the Ford Transit Wagon which offers a wide variety of cargo side/rear door window configurations to match a specific application – choose the configuration that’s best for you:
- No cargo side and rear door glass (standard – van)
- Fixed rear door glass (optional – van; standard – chassis cab)
- Fixed rear door glass with fixed passenger-side door glass (optional- van)
- Fixed rear door glass with flip-open passenger-side door glass (optional – van)
- Fixed rear door glass with fixed driver- and passenger-side door glass (optional – van)
- Fixed rear door glass with flip-open driver- and passenger-side door glass (optional – van)
- Fixed windows-all-around (optional – van; standard – wagon, regular and long wheelbase)
- Windows-all-around with 4th-row flip-open glass (optional – van; standard – wagon, long wheelbase/extended body)
- Windows-all-around with 2nd-row driver-side flip-open glass and fixed 60/40 door glass (optional – low-roof van and wagon)
- Windows-all-around with 2nd-row driver- and passenger-side flip-open glass and 4th-row flip-open glass (optional – van and wagon, long wheelbase/extended body)
Whether you’re an independent owner-operator, limo driver, buyer for a livery service, or the manager of a corporate fleet, it’s all about working productively and raising the bottom line. The versatility of the 2018 Ford Transit Wagon combined with a steering wheel that responds in a way no truck-based van has before makes the Ford Transit ideal for business owners. Our knowledgeable sales team can help you find the Ford Transit Wagon that best fits your needs.
What’s new for 2018:
For 2018, a high-mount rearview camera is standard for medium- and high-roof Ford Transit Wagons. New available features include extended-length running boards, power-folding heated mirrors with turn signals, a programmable battery guard, heavy-duty cargo flooring, and a dual-rear-wheel forged alloy wheel package. – Edmunds.com